Top 10 FREE Medical Android Apps for Healthcare Professionals
The following is a list of the top android apps for healthcare professionals.
With the Medscape app you can:
• Quickly look up medications and dosages with Drug Reference Tool.
• Avoid adverse drug combinations with Drug Interaction Checker.
• Find vital information for patient care with evidence-based Disease & Condition reference.
• Stay current with the latest medical news and earn CME -- all in one place.
• Other useful resources within the app: Step-by-Step Procedural Articles, Medical Calculators, Pill ID Tool, Image Collections, Formulary Information, and more!
Figure 1 helps you:
• View thousands of real-world teaching cases from physicians and nurses in hundreds of specialties.
• Page healthcare professionals around the world for instant feedback.
• Communicate with your colleagues using HIPAA-compliant direct messaging.
Test your medical decision-making skills in a risk-free environment; assess your clinical knowledge on the go or in your spare moments; learn about diseases in just a few minutes and apply these skills to your day-to-day practice!
Each of 1,500+ scenarios encompassing 30+ medical specialties can be played in minutes, and is accompanied by a concise yet comprehensive discussion of the diagnostic reasoning and key learning points.
Skyscape Medical Library:
INCLUDED FOR FREE:
• Skyscape Rx: Comprehensive information on thousands of brands and generics, with interactions (including multi-drug analyzer tool) and over 400 integrated dosing calculators.
• Skyscape Clinical Calculator: Medical calculator with more than 200 interactive tools, organized by specialty.
• Skyscape Clinical Consult: Evidence-based clinical information on hundreds of diseases and symptom-related topics, presented in convenient outline format.
• Skyscape MedBeats™ - news and information tailored to your specialty.
- WikiMed - Offline Medical Wikipedia:
With 51,000+ medical articles, Wikimed is the largest and most comprehensive collection of health-related articles available. It includes content on diseases, medications, anatomy, and sanitation.
Beware: the app is 1.1 Gb, make sure you have enough space and a solid WiFi connection for download! If you have limited storage, then try Wikimed Mini, the light version of Wikimed (136 Mb).
Prepare for surgical cases or learn new procedures & test your knowledge with Touch Surgery anytime, anywhere.
Touch Surgery is integrated into over 100 residency programs in the US and is endorsed by the AO foundation, American Association for Surgery of the Hand (AASH), British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) and The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
With the largest database of over 150+ simulations across multiple surgical specialties, including Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic, Neurosurgery, Oral, Vascular and many more, this mobile app is the most comprehensive tool for medical professionals.
Drugs.com Medication Guide:
The easiest way to lookup drug information, identify pills, check interactions and set up your own personal medication records. All mobile-optimized to speed up your browsing experience.
Assume the role of a physician navigating a plethora of challenging clinical situations and make critical medical decisions in real time - are you astute enough to make the right call at every turn?
Each scenario can be played in a few minutes but contains critical learning points, including insights into the ideal management of complications.
Medical Dictionary by Farlex:
Medical Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to 180,000+ definitions of medical terminology and more than 12,000 images from sources trusted by doctors and healthcare professionals, including Mosby's, Elsevier, Dorland's, McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin, and more.
Quick LabRef provides quick look at the up-to-date information on the most commonly used clinical laboratory values and other useful relevant information such as lab data in Microbiology, Physiology / Pathophysiology, Toxicology and etc. Normal values reference are provided in both Conventional Units (CU) and, whenever available, in units of the “Sistème International” (SI).
What is QtPass?QtPass is an open-source, free password manager GUI for the standard Unix password manager "pass" application. The "pass" password manager is a command-line open-source feature-rich application that follows Unix's philosophy........Read more...
What is Spectator?Spectator is a free, open-source (Libre) REST-API testing program for Linux. It is written in Vala programming language and GTK. The app allows developers to make requests to test their web endpoints, create custom environ.......Read more...
If you collect anything, then you need to keep records to organize and track your collections. Let's say you collect books, movies, stamps, or even coins, as your collection keeps growing, it will become difficult to organize. Here comes.......Read more...
If you exercise or meditate, properly you have tried dozens of sports apps. You also may notice that most of the apps you tried require access permissions to your contact, camera, and location. Also, many of them come with advertisements, o.......Read more...
The Calendar app is necessary for most users on their desktops or mobile phones. However, some may not like the built-in calendar application which integrated with their systems, sometimes because they are limited or because of privacy conc.......Read more...