JimboDICOMViewer is a free DICOM viewer and DICOM database collection manager for Linux (Ubuntu) & Windows. It supports DICOM dataset management, features a 3D DICOM visualization, and comes with a powerful converter tool to convert DICOM images to many supported formats.
As a unique feature, JimboDICOMViewer supports 3D visualization of brain depth electrodes (Stereotactic EEG procedures).
- Supports Windows 10, 8, 7
- Supports Linux (Ubuntu)
- Snap package available for Linux
- Database backup and recovery tools
- DICOM dataset backup to USB drives
JimboDICOMViewer features an easy-to-use interface, it also provides a rich user-manual that explains the program features for end-users.
- Database management
- Database backup
- File converter
- Multi-layout support Display window up to 1 to 9.
- 2D browsing
- 3D visualization
- Batch anonymization option
- Data extraction tool to transfer DICOM files to USB disk or stick.
- Drag and drop support
- Powerful viewer display features
- Multi-model registration IRM/TDM, IRM/PET scans
- 2D brain depth electrodes visualization
- 3D Brain depth electrodes visualization with brain extract tool and dentists algorithms.
Supported file formats
The program supports monochrome and (8, 12, and 16-bit images) DICOM images, here are the supported file formats:
Uncompressed file formats:
- Implicit VR, Little Endian (1.2.840.10008.1.2)
- Explicit VR, Little Endian (1.2.840.10008.1.2.1),
- Explicit VR, Big Endian (1.2.840.10008.1.2.2).
Compressed file formats:
- JPEG Baseline, Processes 2 & 4, 12-bit (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.51),
- JPEG Lossless, Non hierarchical, Process 14 (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.57),
- JPEG Lossless, Non hierarchical, First Order Prediction (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.70),
- JPEG-LS Lossless (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.80),
- JPEG-LS Lossy (Near- Lossless) Image Compression (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.81),
- JPEG 2000 Image Compression (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.91).
RLE file formats:
- RLE lossless JPEG (1.2.840.10008.1.2.5).
JimboDICOMViewer comes with a warning that it's not FDA approved and not certified as a medical device.
The program is listed and approved at Windows App store for 64bit only edition.
Windows 7 & 8
It offers 64bit and 32bit versions, but it comes with a notice it'll be removed from their download repo.
JimboDICOMViewer is listed in Ubuntu Linux software store, it can be easily downloaded with one click. It's also listed at Snap package manager store which means it can be installed on any Linux distribution that has/supports Snap.