WinSCP is an extremely popular and widely used free SFTP and FTP client for Windows. It is a highly efficient and effective file manager that has the ability to greatly enhance your productivity.
With its user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI), you can effortlessly copy files between a local and remote computer, utilizing a variety of protocols such as Amazon S3, FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP, or WebDAV.
What makes WinSCP even more versatile is that it can also copy files between two local folders. For those who are tech-savvy and want to take their automation to the next level, WinSCP provides the option to automate tasks using .NET assembly.
Additionally, WinSCP is not only available in English but also supports a plethora of other languages, making it accessible to a wider audience.
- Support for Amazon S3, FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP or WebDAV
- All common operations with files
- Integration with Windows, PuTTY and other applications
- Translated into many languages
- Scripting and task automation with batch file scripting, command-line interface and .NET assembly
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor and support for external text editors
- Graphical user interface with choice of Windows File Explorer-like or Norton Commander-like interfaces
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file instead of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Binary and text transfer modes, transfer queue and background transfers
- A comprehensive WinSCP documentation and an active user forum are freely accessible at WinSCP site
- GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)