React Native Chat UI and React.js chat and messaging UI components and libraries are frameworks, libraries, and tools that provide pre-built user interface components and functionality for integrating chat and messaging features into mobile and web applications. They can help developers save time and effort by providing ready-made components and functionality, allowing them to quickly build chat and messaging apps or add messaging features to existing applications.
Advantages of using these components and libraries include:
- Save time: These components and libraries offer pre-built and customizable UI components, reducing the time needed to develop chat and messaging features from scratch.
- Build chat and messaging app: They provide the necessary tools and functionality to build chat and messaging applications, including real-time messaging, user management, and chat room features.
- Add messaging features to your app: Developers can easily incorporate messaging features into their existing applications, enhancing user engagement and communication.
- Productivity: By leveraging these components and libraries, developers can focus on building their specific application logic and features, rather than spending time on low-level chat and messaging implementation details.
- Clean code: These components and libraries offer well-structured and reusable code, promoting clean and maintainable application development.
Using React and React Native Chat UI and messaging components and libraries, can significantly streamline the development process and empower developers to create feature-rich chat and messaging applications with ease.
The following is the best open-source and free Chat UI and messaging app components that any developer can download, and use in their own applications.
1- Chat UI Kit
This is an open-source library that allows you to build your own chat applications as it offers a full features-rich Chat UI components.
- 43 reusable React components
- fully responsive
- elastic and customizable
- almost 400 SCSS variables
- themeable by SCSS
- tree shaking ready
- accessible, a11y ready
- CSS framework independent - use it with Bootstrap, Semantic UI, Material, or any other favorite CSS framework
- can be used to build full chat applications, live chat widgets, chatbot interface, chat in games, intranet systems, call center agents applications, helpdesk chat, e-learning, and more...
- Not only for chat, but also useful for any feeds, article comments, and social media posts comments, real time streaming comments, sms/text conversations etc.
- Each component can be used separately
- high quality code
- developed by a team experienced in creating chat solutions
GiftedChat is a free and open-source chat UI package that enables React Native developers to build a reactive chat applications in almost no time.
react-native-webable (since 0.10.0) web configuration
- Write with TypeScript (since 0.8.0)
- Fully customizable components
- Composer actions (to attach photos, etc.)
- Load earlier messages
- Copy messages to clipboard
- Touchable links using react-native-parsed-text
- Avatar as user's initials
- Localized dates
- Multi-line TextInput
- InputToolbar avoiding keyboard
- Redux support
- System message
- Quick Reply messages (bot)
- Typing indicator react-native-typing-animation
3- Stream Chat (React Native)
💬 React-Native Chat SDK ➜ Stream Chat. Includes a tutorial on building your own chat app experience using React-Native, React-Navigation and Stream.
PubNub Chat Components for React and React Native are the fastest way to add chat features like direct and group messaging, typing indicators, or reactions, without going through the complexity of the low-level architecture of real-time networks.
- Reduced Implementation Time: Develop proof-of-concept and production-ready apps faster using predefined components.
- Fast and Simple Extensibility: Add rich features, like typing indicators, read receipts, or reactions, without writing complex code.
- Flexible and Customizable Components: Customize component design and add custom components to extend functionality.
- High Scalability: Let PubNub take care of scaling and reliability as you grow your app.
- Easy Theming: Use the built-in light and dark themes or create custom ones for various use cases: group, support, and event chats.
- Strong Typing: Utilize the power of TypeScript to develop your application.
- User and Channel Metadata: Add additional information about the users, channels, and their memberships from PubNub Objects storage using custom hooks
- Subscriptions: Subscribe to user channels automatically
- Messages: Publish and display new and historical text messages
- Presence: Get currently active users, observe their state, and notify them about changes
- Typing Indicators: Display notifications that users are typing
- Message Reactions: Publish and add emojis to messages
ChatKit is an Open Source library that lets you create a Chat Widget and connecte it to any backend like Chatbot/NLP/Live Chat engine or messenger.
Flyer React Native Chat UI is a popular chat user interface for mobile applications. It offers seamless chatting experience, integrates with Firebase BaaS for real-time messaging, and provides tools for building customizable chat interfaces.
It is recommended for social media apps, customer support platforms, and other applications that require chat functionality.
- Free, open-source and community-driven. We offer no paid plugins and strive to create an easy-to-use, almost drop-in chat experience for any application.
- Backend agnostic. You can choose the backend you prefer. But if you don't have one, we provide our own free and open-source Firebase implementation, which can be used to create a working chat in minutes. We are also working on our more advanced SaaS and self-hosted solutions.
- Customizable. Supports custom themes, locales and more.
- Minimum dependencies. Our packages are lightweight. Use your favorite packages for selecting images, opening files etc.
7- MinChat (React)
Chat UI Kit from MinChat is an open source UI toolkit for developing web chat applications.
React Chat UI is an open-source (MIT Licensed) React components for building a chat and messaging apps.
ReactJS chat elements chat UI, react chat components.
10- React Slack Chat
This is an open-source serverless Material Design Slack Chat Web Integrating Widget. This widget can be integrated as a Live Chat / Help Desk / Discussions for Special Interest Sites in Solo Single Customer Mode (1:1) or Community Chat (Shoutbox) Mode.
Give your users the Perfect Support / Engagement experience, with the comfort of Slack.
11- Team Chat Reference Application for PubNub Chat With React, Redux and TypeScript
The team chat app is a feature-rich chat and team collaboration application built using PubNub Chat. It covers managing users, joining chat rooms, sending messages, and implementing advanced features like profanity filtering, gifs, and link previews.
The project can be downloaded and explored to understand the implementation details.
Anomaly is an innovative chat application that allows users to engage in anonymous conversations and create unlimited chat rooms. Powered by Next.js, Socket.io, and React, Anomaly provides a secure and private environment for open communication and idea exchange without revealing personal information.
This is an open-source self-hosted web chat application developed with Express.js, Socket.IO and ReactJS, Bulma.
14- React Chat App
This chat app has basic functionalities such as login, register, reset password, chat, conversation, group call, contact, starred messages, media, files and links, settings, profile, edit profile, and emoji pickers.
It can be implemented using React, Material UI, React Context API, Redux, Faker.js, phosphor-react, Emoji Mart, React Hook Form, Yup.js, and more.
Key features include showing online users, sorting users based on online status, dividing users by company, restricting chat between users of different companies, and handling multiple tabs for the same user.
MirrorFly React Chat SDK + UI Kit is an open-source React chat SDK that provides over 150 messaging and calling features, along with more than 100 UI components. With our low code React SDK, you can easily integrate communication capabilities into your app in under 20 minutes.
16- Chat UI React
The chat-ui-react is an NPM package that provides a React component for building conversational web UIs. It includes a chat message component, a message input form, and a class for controlling component display.
It can be used for online chats and chatbots, and supports customization with different UI frameworks.
18- React Native Chatty
19- React Chat
This is an open-source full-featured high performance chat UI for React Native.
- Built with TypeScript
- 🚀 Using recyclerlistview for rendering messages
- Fully customizable components
- Loading earlier messages support
- Typing animation using react-native-lottie other ways use your own animation
- Swipe to reply
- Scroll to bottom
- Haptic feedback on new message
- Hashtag, mention and URL is parsed optionally, or even use your own logic.
- Actions via iOS context menu(fallback to action sheet if not available)
- Mention directly from input by typing @mention
- Upload/View image support.
react-chat-window provides an intercom-like chat window that can be included easily in any project for free. It provides no messaging facilities, only the view component.